Gregory Jones - Curriculum Vitae
September 1999 - July 2001 Orpington College
|City & Guilds
||Object Oriented Programming in Java Level 3
|City & Guilds
||Coding and Programming in C++ Level 2
December 2017 - Present NodeJS Developer of Dark Crystal for blockades.org
- Development of a peer-to-peer application built on the Secure Scuttlebutt protocol
- Built cross-platform desktop applications using Electron
- Research and development of a new cryptographic standard using threshold-based consensus
- Working remotely as part of an international team
April 2016 - December 2017 Home carer for Care Service “Albert Schweitzer” Rudolf-Krahl-Straße 81, 09116 Chemnitz
October 2014 - January 2016 Agricultural worker for Bienert &
Hänsel GbR, Püchauerstr. 4, 04425 Taucha.
April 2010 - December 2015 Nursing Assistant for National Health Service Professionals, Edward Hyde Building 38
Clarendon Road, Watford WD17 1HZ, UK
- Worked in a variety of NHS wards and gained experience in different care scenarios including elderly, neurological, accident and emergency, palliative care, one-to-one care.
- Regularly took patient observations and wrote patient assessments.
- Gained a broad knowledge of nursing terminology.
- Enjoyed spending time with patients from all walks of life, and adapting to working as part of different teams on a daily basis.
June 2002 - August 2002 Filing and Data Entry Assistant, National Westminster Bank
- Conducted queries for customers, carried out simple transactions and often covered for people while they were absent.
December 2001 - April 2002 Filing Assistant, Broomliegh Housing Association
- Involved in converting the paper files to a digital system, and also had to train new employees.
- Bash, Zsh
- Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++
- Postgres, CouchDB, MySQL
- OpenGL / WebGL
- HTML5, CSS, Sass
- Vagrant, Ansible, Virtualbox
- Nginx, Apache2
- Imagemagick, GIMP, Inkscape
- March 2018 Blockchain Spring School University of Mittweida, Germany
- April 2015 - September 2015 German Language Course A2/B1 Studio Lingua Sprachinstitut, Leipzig
- March 2012 Foundation Amateur Radio License Radio Society of Great Britain
- September 2009 Training as NHS Nursing Assistant
- January - December 2008 CACDP Certificate in British Sign Language Level 2
- September 2005 - July 2007 CACDP Certificate in British Sign Language Level 1 Swarthmore Centre, Leeds
- Driving License
English, German, French
Voluntary activities and hobbies
- Co-founder and treasurer of Community Interest Company ‘Kaba Computer Recycling’ (Now FixIT-Leeds)
- Coordinator of an emergency accommodation scheme for Leeds Asylum Seeker Support Network, and volunteered for them giving one-to-one support, using legal training received from the Manuel Bravo Project.
- Organiser of Wireless Battle of the Mesh 2014 in Leipzig
- Workshop host at Chaos Communication Congress 2014 in Hamburg
- Volunteer renovating council houses for Canopy Housing Project in Leeds, where I informally interpreted for a co-volunteer who was deaf.
- Building community communication infrastructure in a rural community in France details
- Volunteer cook for ‘East Leeds Health for All’ project at St. Vincent’s Support centre.